This area is full of hidden attractions. If you consider that Acqui Terme is a Roman city founded more than 2000 years ago, that our land had been awarded by UNESCO and that our beautiful hills produce some of the best Italian wines, we believe we are great outsiders among the list of places you can’t miss in Italy! Moreover you will never feel a mass tourism here: we are far from big cities and ‘slow’ philosophy rules!.
Below we gathered some activities that, according to our experience, suit very well with our guests. These activities are free of charge or very affordable, close to our cottage and held by reliable people. Our goal is to host in an easy and no frills style that could accommodate all kind of people. We would like to inspire to live in a healthy and holistic lifestyle. Enjoy your time exploring the beautiful landscape of Piedmont.
Visit Acqui Terme
- Piazza della Bollente: the town is known for the fountain in the square where hot water bubbles up from the underground spring all year round.
- Bagni walk: under the cobblestone bridge, next to the Roman remains.
- Corso Italia: pedestrian street.
- The region is renowed for its wines and local food. You will find on the way many restaurants, pizzerias, bars, wine bars, and gelati to choose.
Towns and villages
A part Acqui Terme, it is worth a visit Alba (1h from the Yogam Farm by car), Genoa (50 mins), Turin (1h and 30 mins), Milan (1h and 30 mins). Melazzo and Cavatore are very pretty villages. You can easy walk to visit them (20 mins.).
Very suitable for kids. The spot is near Cartosio (10 min by car). But we know many other nice spots.
Liguria is very close. We suggest Noli or Varigotti (1h 15 mins by car), though Varazze, Albisola and Celle Ligure are the nearest beaches (approx. 50 mins by car).
Walk and hikes
There are two nice easy walks to reach Melazzo and Cavatore. You have just to follow the steepy road next to the house. If you want something more ‘challenging’, we can recommend you many ring trails in the woods, lasting 2, 3, or even 8 hours.
- There are just two small shops in Melazzo. Here you will find fresh bread and other basic food (pasta, tomato sauce, virgin oil, milk, …).
- If you are seeking more choice (and best prices), we suggest to visit the large retailers in Acqui Terme, that are open on Sunday as well.
- On Tuesdays and Fridays morning there is the local market in Acqui Terme: it is worth a visit to buy fresh fruits and vegetable and interact with the ‘locals’.
Yoga and Massage
Check here the page with all the info about Yoga and holistic treatments.
We are happy to help you to book a delightful experience on the discovery of the world famous Piedmontese wines.
Acqui Terme, with its underground springs, is one of Italy’s most famous spas. The water in the springs has a unique combination of minerals and trace elements that give vitality and well-being to both body and soul. Many people come here for medical purposes to find a cure for aching muscles, stiff joints and various skin conditions. We are happy to help you book a delightful experience for you on thermal bath.
- Alpacas, lamas, horses, … Check on animalwalk.eu.
- Aquarium in Genova is very popular and it is worth a visit if you plan to go to Genova.
- Swimming pools: there several outdoor pools (10 mins by car)
Cycling, hiking, … We recommend to check the website piemontexperiences.it.