What to do?
This area is full of hidden attractions. We have to be honest: we cannot compete with Tuscany, Venice, Rome, … in terms of popularity and ‘things to see’, but if you consider that Acqui Terme is a Roman city founded more than 2000 years ago, that our land had been awarded by UNESCO and that our beautiful hills produce some of the best Italian wines, we believe we are great outsiders! That means you will never feel a mass tourism over here: we are far from big cities and ‘slow’ philosophy rules! :).
Below we highlighted some activities that, according to our experience, suit very well with the tourists that visit our place. These activities are free of charge or very affordable, close to our cottage and held by reliable people. Our goal is to host in an easy and no frills style that could accommodate all kind of people. We would like to inspire to live in a healthy and holistic lifestyle. Enjoy your time exploring the beautiful landscape of Piedmont.
- Two small shops in Melazzo. You can find fresh bread and other basic food (pasta, tomato sauce, virgin oil, milk, …).
- If you are seeking more choice (and best prices), we suggest to visit the large retailers in Acqui Terme, that are open on Sunday as well.
- Local market in Acqui Terme: just on Tuesdays and Fridays morning, it is worth a visit to but fresh fruits and vegetable and see the ‘locals’.
- Popular activities
Visit Acqui Terme
- Piazza della Bollente: the town is known for the fountain in the square where hot water bubbles up from the underground spring all year round..
- Bagni walk: under the cobblestone bridge, next to the Roman remains.
- Corso Italia: pedestrian street.
- Check ‘Where to eat in Acqui Terme’.
- The region is renowed for its wines and local food. You will find on the way many restaurants, pizzerias, bars, wine bars, and gelati to choose.
Towns and villages
A part Acqui Terme, it is worth a visit Alba (1h from the Yogam Farm by car), Genoa (50 mins), Turin (1h and 30 mins), Milan (1h and 30 mins). Melazzo and Cavatore are very pretty villages. You can easy walk to visit them (20 mins.).
Very suitable for kids. The spot is near Cartosio (10 min by car). But we know many other nice spots.
Liguria is very close. We suggest Noli or Varigotti (1h 15 mins by car), though Varazze, Albisola and Celle Ligure are the nearest beaches (50 mins by car).
Walk and hikes
There are two nice easy walks to reach Melazzo and Cavatore. You have just to follow the steepy road next to the house. If you want something more ‘challenging’, we can recommend you many ring trails in the woods, lasting 2, 3, 4 hours.
Yoga and Massage
Check here the list of holistic treatments.
Outdoor activities (cycling, hiking, …). Check on piemontexperiences.it.
- Alpacas, lamas, horses, … Check on animalwalk.eu.
- Aquarium in Genova is very popular and it is worth a visit if you plan to go to Genova.
- Swimming pools: there several outdoor pools (10 mins by car), just ask to the host.
Our place is dog-friendly. They can take advantage of the courtyard and the land to enjoy their holidays as well as their owners. Our land unfortunately is not fenced, so the owners must pay attention. In any case, it is possible to take dogs for short and long walks away from traffic and cars. A refreshing bath in the river is certainly a great opportunity for them!
We are happy to help you to book a delightful experience on the discovery of the world famous Piedmontese wines.
Acqui Terme, with its underground springs, is one of Italy’s most famous spas. The water in the springs has a unique combination of minerals and trace elements that give vitality and well-being to both body and soul. Many people come here for medical purposes to find a cure for aching muscles, stiff joints and various skin conditions. We are happy to help you book a delightful experience for you on thermal bath.